Life Weavings, LLC
Building resilience through self-exploration.
Become the best version of yourself.
Expertise and Philosophy
Moral Injury and PTSD
Anger and Self-Harm
My practice and personal life are based on principles based in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and an appreciation for our shared humanity. Progress toward your goals is made by identifying Values, exploring how you define them and want them to show up in your life, and building the flexibility to respond to difficulties in new life-giving ways.
Authentic, open, personalized attention.
Setting clear goals, and a path to achieve them.
Dedication to your personal Values and Stories
Values – Narrative – Behavior
The Importance of Values
The Power of Personal Narrative
Behavior is the Projection of Our Stories
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Do you accept insurance?
While I do not accept insurance, I am able to provide a “super-bill” upon request for potential reimbursement.
Why don’t you accept insurance?
Insurance requires a diagnosis and while we can discuss that, I believe strongly that you are more than a label. Clients have found freedom in exploring every part of their life.
Do you offer coaching?
I believe what we’re all interested in is making improvements in our lives and learning to live more openly and with less suffering. Since I do not accept insurance, I don’t draw much distinction between therapy and coaching. The focus is and always will be on helping you move forward on your goals.
David is a great therapist. He is very professsional, understanding and intelligent. He has a good sense of humor, which I think helps a lot. His style also consists of a gentle but directive approach, where he will be able to call things to your attention that can be addressed better in the moment. Highly recommended.
David was so helpful, he gave me assignments that really helped me realize my value and self worth. He helped me think outside of the box. I would highly recommend David!
David has been very empathetic. He is no nonsense, good communicator and perceptive. A great sounding board and source of thought provoking, and behavior aiding nuggets.
- We defend civil liberties and rights guaranteed to each individual, including freedom of speech and expression, equal protection under the law, and the right to personal privacy.
- We advocate for individuals who are threatened or persecuted for speech, or who are held to a different set of rules for language or conduct based on their skin color, ancestry, or other immutable characteristics.
- We support respectful disagreement. We believe bad ideas are best confronted with good ideas – and never with dehumanization, deplatforming or blacklisting.
- We believe that objective truth exists, that it is discoverable, and that scientific research must be untainted by any political agenda.
- We promote the compassionate anti-racism of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., rooted in dignity and our common humanity.