Welcome to Humanity’s Values first podcast, Beginning the Journey. In this episode I share the purpose of this podcast and what we will explore on this journey as we move forward together. To begin we will dive into “The Four Agreements” by Don Miguel Ruiz. This episode we will focus on the idea of not taking anything personally and the ways that such an agreement can improve our experience of life.
The Four Agreements – The Series
- Introduction – Beginning the Journey
- Be impeccable with your word – Our Word Bind Us and Sets Us Free
- Don’t take anything personally – How Others See Us and We View Ourselves
- Don’t make assumptions – We Only Know So Much
- Always do your best – The Present Holds All That Is Possible
- Conclusion – Growing Through Awareness and Forgiveness
Value Based Therapy
“In every conversation we engage not merely with the client in front of us, but their families and friends, their societal constraints and the behaviors they’ve learned to walk through life’s challenges. Equally so the client is meeting our families and friends, our picture of our place within society and the behaviors we’ve learned through trial and error and education. All of these variables have gone into each one of us and in that open and vulnerable space of the therapeutic dyad, connections are inevitably growing in ways that even the greatest therapist can never hope to see.”From A Need for Connection
This is the therapeutic connection I pursue, both in therapy and in coaching, the space to explore our shared humanity. Thank you for listening and I hope you continue to join me on Humanity’s Values.